We have assembled the best of Yoga, Pilates, and Tai Chi techniques in a gentle mind-body focus using the added benefits of the aquatic environment. You will learn to design a complete mind-body exercise program or you may choose to utilized these movements for relaxation and stress relief techniques at the end of your classes. Candidates will also learn how to incorporate these disciplines into a water fitness class design. Please note that Mind Body classes may be facilitated in all temperatures of pools – you just must blend movements so that the patrons stay warm and comfortable.
This session may utilize a variety of equipment such as noodles, buoyancy belts, 5 inch air filled balls, dumbbells & Pilates noodles. You do not have to have all equipment to build a purposeful and enjoyable program; however, this will give you some tools to expand your class design as able.
The goal of the program is to keep your patrons moving throughout the program with a safe, balanced and enjoyable mind-body program as well as
1 .Provide a variety of balanced moves utilizing Yoga, Tai Chi, Pilates and other mindful movements
2 .Formulate appropriate exercise inventory to maintain thermal regulation throughout a program (this program does not have to be performed in therapy pool)
3. Use music to bring enjoyment to the program
4. Utilize breathing techniques for relaxation and meditation purposes
5. Learn how to modify range of motion and flexibility exercises for all abilities
6. Learn how to attract new clientelle with a more holistic approach to water fitness programming
How to Register
Must register through the City of Toronto BARCODE via 4167132
How to Register First Time Registration: Please Call 416-396-7378 to set up an account with our customer service representatives. Monday to Friday 8:30am – 4:30pm. Please ask for your family pin and client numbers (keep handy for future registrations). Already have a client number: Simply log on to https://efun.toronto.ca/torontofun/Start/Start.asp
You will need your family pin and client numbers.
|$259.00 for resident of City of Toronto OR $294.00 non resident (materials & HST included)|
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 8 hours of instruction with theory & pool session (1-5 pm)
- 16 hours of CECs and automatic update of your qualifications for two years today.
- Comprehensive Mind Body H20 Instructor Manual with study guide questions & answers
- Video streaming via WaterART Fitness Educational App unlimited for Members (6 months for non members) OR Unlimited for members of the following videos:
- Laminated pool reference cards
- 6 months to completed the Specialty WaterART Certification exam process (complete either theory or practical for Certification update if currently qualified with WaterART Fitness)
- Certification E-Diploma & certified status upon successful completion.
- Automatic Update of existing qualifications when fully certified with the newest level for two years.