Walking is the #1 functional activity that keeps you independent, and walking in the water may support and protect the less able and those new to exercise. Moving through the water with a variety of walking patterns and progressions will help everyone achieve an excellent total body workout that focuses on core, balance, strength, mobility, posture and gait training, as well as avoiding momentum and torque on the joints. You will learn over 100 different ways to walk as well as system of varying your programs so that everyone may work at a self-paced level of intensity. Candidates will review ways to provide team work, group and partner work for beginner through advanced clients in a sociable and all inclusive system. This program was designed for shallow water pool depths. Ideas may be incorporated into a lazy river, however, this program was developed for regular shallow water pools.
Early-bird Registration Date: April 15, 2020
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 8 hours of onsite training guided with a Master Trainer
- WaterART H2O Walking Instructor Certification Manual
- Online streaming via WaterART Fitness App of the following videos for six months (unlimited video if you are a member):
- DVD015-Shallow H20 Walking
- DVD079-How to Move & Walk
- Vimeo videos streaming or Hard copies of DVDs can be purchased separately
- Laminated pool reference cards
- Speciality Certification Exam Process (Currently qualified candidates are only required to complete a theory exam. When theory exam is complete then all qualifications are updated for two years from passing date).
- E-Diploma and Online profile when successful with examination process
- 16.0 CECs for WaterART when the examination process is completed.
Master Trainer: Michelle Monforton
*If you are a staff member at this facility, please contact Michelle for staff or member discount coupon.
What to Bring:
- Lunch or snack
- Water Fitness Wear or Bathing Suit(s)
- Towel/cover up
- Pen and paper
- Water-shoes are preferred wear
More Questions? Contact Us