This is an excellent option to update your techniques and renew your qualifications. There are no exams at the end of your workshop and you review both shallow and deep water depths and updated techniques. By the end of the training, you will achieve 16.0 hours of continuing education credits (CECs) and receive an automatic Certification renewal for two years from your current expiration date.
Shallow & Deep Aqua Fitness Workshops include:
- Shallow H2O Splash: Review how to build a creative shallow aqua fitness program utilizing working positions to vary impact and intensity. Learn hundreds of movement variations and techniques provide with and without a noodle to better provide multi-level options and opportunities for your participants to benefit with water exercise. The course is geared towards very practical and enjoyable education. This workshop will focus on putting a safe, effective and enjoyable and balanced program together. Time will be spent on visual and verbal cuing to masterfully blend cardiovascular sets with muscular strengthening and stretching. Focus will be spent on teaching the parts of a class for a balanced and total body program
- Deep Aqua Fitness:Learn to program safe and effective exercise in a non-impact environment. Deep water training allows cardiovascular movement and muscular conditioning in a variety of body positions not possible on land.Plan your program design to serve a variety of participants ” swimmer or non-swimmer ” using buoyant equipment. Learn key cardiovascular movements and/or specific muscle targeting to help map out a program.
- Boot Camp: This session will review circuits and interval training programs with and without noodles in shallow and deep water. Review a variety of moves to build a creative yet military style of no nonsense workout with noodles. Explore high intensity bouts to learn how to kick your programs up a notch. This high energy interval style program will provide 100 ways to train for muscle fitness, balance, agility, cardiovascular training, flexibility as well as coordination. This is an excellent way to help your patrons stop talking and keep them moving with fun and function!
- Mind Body Programming: Enjoy a combination of Yoga, Pilates and Tai chi. Discover ways to blend mind body techniques and aquatic exercise into your present program or to develop a stand alone program. Mindful movements will help your clients to increase your breathing, flexibility, core stability, coordination, muscular endurance and enhance your posture all using the healing properties of water. Enhance your posture using the relaxing and healing properties of water. This program can be designed for either shallow and deep water or a combination of both.
Early-bird Registration Date: August 24, 2021
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 16 hours of training CEC workshops (theory & pool time)
- Updated Certification Diploma (for 2 years from your expiration date on existing diploma)
- There are NO exams with this option
- 16.0 CECs hours for WaterART and AEA
- Candidates who have expired will be required to pay a $20.00 Late Certification Renewal fee
- This option is not available for candidates who have been expired for more then 1 year
ALL REGISTRATIONS VIA WaterART Fitness except YMCA NC staff.
Master Trainer Contact
Please contact Georgena at email link Georgena Macisaac or 902 441 5780
What to Bring:
- Lunch or snack,
- for water sessions please bring Water Fitness Wear or Bathing Suit(s),
- for land sessions wear comfortable clothing to move around in
- Towel/cover up,
- Pen, paper
- Water-shoes are preferred wear.