Awesome Abdominal & Core Workshop (8:00-12:00 noon): The best place to train the abdominal muscle group and core stabilizers is the water. Start by examining the appropriate function for the specific muscles involved. Learn an inventory of superior exercises to help your clientele “target” this important muscle group. Review progressions to target posture, strength and balance. Train your clients to stand tall with good form using the abdominals as a corset. This session uses a variety of techniques and equipment to provide lots of new ideas for either group exercise or personal training design in the water.
Aquatic Equipment Toolbox Workshop (12:30-4:30pm): Discover infinite ways to make programs interesting and effective using either buoyant or resistive equipment -stuff that floats versus stuff that sinks. This training workshop will provide a smart system to progress or intensify all exercises. Conversely, modifying or decreasing intensity will be reviewed. Learn to target all major muscle groups using the properties and protection of water. Build a varied and interesting gym of the future. Equipment such as open and closed cell noodles, splash balls, dumbbells, flex paddles, cuffs, tubing, fit bands, boxers, kickers, steps and buoyancy belts may be utilized. If we are at your center – WaterART Fitness will build the toolbox around your equipment. Guaranteed ideas and energy to keep your programs growing and benefiting!
Early-bird Registration Date: February 26, 2020
Course Registration Fee Includes
- WaterART workshop handouts
- Guided practical training by Certified Master Trainer
- 8 hours of lecture & pool time
- WaterART Mitts (choose size S, M, L, XL )
- Certificate of course completion
- 8 CECs for WaterART, AEA, ACE (You may petition other organizations).
ALL REGISTRATIONS VIA WaterART Fitness!
What to Bring
- Please bring lunch and/or snacks
- Water sessions: Water Fitness wear or bathing suit(s)
- Land sessions: comfortable clothing in which to move around
- Water bottle
- Towel/cover up
- Pen and paper
- Water-shoes are preferred wear for water sessions