There are more than 100 diseases in the arthritis category and it is widely accepted that most of the symptoms may be greatly benefited through water exercise. This program will review exercise inventory for safe and effective exercise design based on an understanding of functional range of motion and joint action. The program will target cardiovascular training, functional fitness, muscular endurance and strength, balance and flexibility training. WaterART working positions will be introduced to provide multi level programming to help each participant train at an intensity level for self paced exercise – appropriate for types of arthritis. This program will also introduce the use of flotation and resistive devices such as noodles and resistive paddles for improved performance. Water Walking and Tai Chi movements will be incorporated to train mobility, gait and balance.
Early-bird Registration Date: April 15, 2020
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 8 hours of training (theory & pool time)
- Arthritis H2O Handouts
- Updated Certification Diploma (for 2 years from your expiration date on existing diploma)
- There are NO exams with this option
- 8 CECs for OFC, WaterART, AEA, ACE (You may petition other organizations).
ALL REGISTRATIONS VIA WaterART Fitness!
Master Trainer Contact:
Master Trainer: Michelle Monforton
*If you are a staff member at this facility, please contact Michelle for staff or member discount coupon.
What to Bring:
- Lunch or snack
- for water sessions please bring water fitness wear or bathing suit(s)
- Towel/cover up
- Pen and paper
- Water-shoes are preferred wear.