ARTHRITIS H20 INSTRUCTOR WORKSHOP
Investigate the most common types of arthritis so you may optimally design programs to aid this clientele. Learn how to modify and progress exercises as well as vary impact and intensity to meet the needs of a multi level arthritis class. Add noodles or resistive paddles for improved muscular strength, flexibility and balance. The exercise goal for people with arthritis is to increase range of motion (ROM), muscular strength, flexibility, and balance, and to develop and maintain endurance. Since arthritis is a joint disease, people with arthritis need to try to move through each joint’s active range of motion on a daily basis. This regular movement helps prevent stiffness and loss of mobility. Remember that range of motion is unique to each person and is specific to each joint. Encourage full ROM, while reminding people to tune into their own body cues.
SKU: 1500-200404-Grand Blanc
Earlybird Registration Date: March 25, 2020
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- WaterART workshop handouts
- 8 hours of lecture & pool time
- WaterART Mitts (choose size)
- Certificate of course completion
- 8 CECs for WaterART, AEA, ACE (You may petition other organizations).
ALL REGISTRATIONS VIA WaterART Fitness!
Master Trainer Contact
Please contact Cathy Novick 810.429.0330
*If you are a staff member at this facility, please contact Cathy for staff or member discount coupon.
What to Bring:
- Lunch and snacks
- Water sessions: Water Fitness wear or bathing suit(s)
- Land sessions: comfortable clothing in which to move around
- Water bottle
- Towel/cover up
- Pen and paper
- Water-shoes are preferred wear for water sessions