The Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury’s new Leisure Centre includes a state of the art aquatics centre with an eight lane competitive/lap pool, leisure pool with aquatic features and a relaxation/therapy pool. The Leisure Services division is looking for energetic, highly motivated and organized individualsto join their team.
Reporting to the Fitness Supervisor, the Aquafit Instructor provides direct leadership to deliver Aquafit classes and provides a superior experience to our members in program areas.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Plan, organize and instruct classes for all ages and abilities.
- Creating and maintaining a safe, clean and comfortable environment for participants.
- Ensure that group fitness equipment is cleaned after each class and identifies and reports maintenance and repairs to equipment as required to the fitness supervisor
Key Competencies and Qualifications
- Significant experience in the delivery of Aquafit classes.
- Qualifications for Post Rehabilitation Instruction and Parent & Tot/Toddler would be considered an asset.
- Understands the principles of water and possess the ability to instruct safe classes for all levels of participants.
- Candidates will have Certified WaterART Fitness Instructor qualification as well as a current Standard First Aid and CPR level C certification.
- Proven interpersonal and relationship building skills andthe ability to establish rapport and excellent communication with members, guests, staff and volunteers.
- Ability to promote a culture of inclusiveness and work with a diverse population of employees and the general public.
- Available to work flexible hours including days, evenings and weekends as part of regular schedule or for meetings, and/or special events.
- Candidates will be required to provide a Vulnerable Sector Screening upon hire
This position offers an hourly wage of $26.95 to $31.68.
Please note that this posting will remain open until the position has been filled and applicants will be interviewed on an ongoing basis. To explore this opportunity further, we invite qualified applicants to forward their resume, cover letter, and copies of required certifications quoting file number2023-AF06 via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury, Human Resources Department,
125 Simcoe Road, PO Box 160, Bradford ON, L3Z 2A8
Fax: 905 775-8633
We thank all applicants for their interest. However, only those being considered for an interview will be contacted. In accordance with the Municipal Freedom of Information and Protection of Privacy Act, personal information is collected under the authority of the Municipal Act, and will only be used for candidate selection.
The Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury is committed to equity in employment. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to establishing a qualified workforce that is reflective of the diverse population we serve. We encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, persons with disabilities, and those who identify as LGBTQ2S+.
The Town of Bradford West Gwillimbury is committed to providing accommodations based on any human rights protected grounds and in accordance with the AODA, throughout the recruitment and selection process. If you require accommodation, please notify us when contacted for an interview and we will work with you to meet your needs.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com.