This foundation aquatic fitness Instructor program provides leaders with shallow & deep water techniques to design a group exercise program for a variety of ages, skills and fitness levels. This onsite practical training will provide instructors with tools to plan a purposeful lesson utilizing basic moves and working/body positions to progressively adjust intensity. The goal is to provide a total body group exercise program with a thorough understanding of how to safely and effectively target the cardiovascular system as well as focus on exercises for muscular strengthening, flexibility and balance training. Leaders will experience both theory (classroom) and practical (pool) sessions. We do recommend that you have taken some aquatic fitness classes and are comfortable in the water, however, no experience is necessary – just a love of the water and willingness to become a dynamic fitness leader! Please note that candidates will have up to six months after the training to complete examination process (theory & practical assessment).
We strongly recommend that you register and review materials prior to the training. The onsite workshop will be guided by a Certified Master Trainer (Susan Kisilevich) with focus on learning a variety of basic moves and techniques to plan a safe, effective and enjoyable lesson plan.
Early bird Registration Date: May 25, 2023
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 16 hours of instruction guided by Certified Master Trainer Susan Kisilevich (attend both days of workshops)
- 8 hours of Practical pool time & 8 hours of practical classroom theory sessions
- Manual with study guide questions & answers
- Unlimited online streaming via WaterART Fitness Educational App (our App only views on smart devices such as phone/tablet/ipad) of the following videos (for six months with registration membership or unlimited as a certified or enthusiast member): Videos are only available once order is paid in full and head office updates the order.
- V230-Intro to Shallow & Deep Programming
- V207 Shallow Water Lesson Planning
- V206 Incorporating Basic Moves into a Program
- V181 Cardio Combo’s in Shallow Water
- V178 Shallow H2O Working Positions
- DVD072 Shallow H2O Splash (2 parts)
- DVD092 Julie’s Favorite Exercise Techniques
- V192 Types of Noodles & Noodle Positions
- V188 Deep H2O Training with Buoyancy Belt
- DVD008 Advanced Deep H2O Training
- V193 Deep Noodles
- V190 Combo teaching Shallow & Deep
- V208 Shallow H2O Muscle Up with Equipment Review
- V211 Muscle in Shallow & Deep Tutorial
- DVD064 Shallow & Deep H2O Workout
- V284 How to Complete the Exam process
- Optional upgrade for Vimeo Video Streaming for any device (computers). Vimeo is a link and password set. Note: Hard copies of DVDs are different (DVD001, DVD003, DVD080-4 parts, DVD072-2 parts, DVD064, DVD008, DVD031, dvd092) may also be purchased separately (everyone receives the WaterART Fitness App streaming with your purchase)
- 5 Laminated reference cards to take to the pool to practice your lesson planning
- Comprehensive WaterART examination process (theory & practical assessment). We have practical options such as onsite/virtual/video submission and theory exam is online multiple choice or open ended questions. Candidate chooses your best option.
- Automatic renewal and/or upgrade of your existing WaterART Certification(s) upon successful exam completion (if applicable)
- E-Certificate of course completion
- Certification E-Diploma & certified status upon successful completion (each candidate must have own account).
- Instructor manual is required for your to reference once Certified – also full of helpful information once qualified. Candidates may request manual ship in advance or pick up at the workshop. We recommend viewing some of the video’s prior to the course.
- Sunday morning will have a 1 hour workshop on Parent & Tot/Toddler session
What to Bring:
- Lunch or snack
- Water Fitness Wear or Bathing Suit(s)
- Towel/cover up for outdoor pool
- Water-shoes are preferred wear