DescriptionPlease register early-bird (prior to March 30, 2022) to receive your manual prior to the event. Otherwise shipping fees will apply. This foundation aquatic fitness Instructor program provides leaders with shallow & deep water techniques to design a group exercise program for a variety of ages, skills and fitness levels. This onsite practical training will provide instructors with tools to plan a purposeful lesson utilizing basic moves and working/body positions to progressively adjust intensity. The goal is to provide a total body group exercise program with a thorough understanding of how to safely and effectively target the cardiovascular system as well as focus on exercises for muscular strengthening, flexibility and balance training. Leaders will experience both theory (classroom) and practical (pool) sessions. We do recommend that you have taken some aquatic fitness classes and are comfortable in the water, however, no experience is necessary – just a love of the water and willingness to become a dynamic fitness leader! Please note that candidates will have up to six months after the training to complete examination process (theory & practical assessment). We strongly recommend that you register and review materials prior to the training”. The onsite workshop will be guided by a Certified Master Trainer (Cindy Cook) with focus on learning a variety of basic moves and techniques to plan a safe, effective and enjoyable lesson plan. SKU: 220410-CTW001-DurhamNC
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 9 hours of instruction guided by Certified Master Trainer Cindy Cook
- practical pool & classroom theory sessions
- Manual with study guide questions & answers
- Unlimited online streaming via WaterART Fitness App of the following videos (for six months with registration membership or unlimited as a certified or enthusiast member): Videos are available once order is paid in full and head office updates the order.
- V212 Shallow & Deep Water Program Planning Tutorial
- V211 Muscle in Shallow & Deep Tutorial
- V206- Incorporating Basic Moves into a Program
- V178-Shallow H2O Working Positions
- DVD072 Shallow H2O Splash (2 parts)
- V188– Deep H2O Training with Buoyancy Belt
- V190- Combo teaching Shallow & Deep
- DVD064 Shallow & Deep H2O Workout
- V208 Shallow H2O Muscle Up with Equipment Review
- V192 Types of Noodles & Noodle Positions
- V195-Safe Deck Teaching
- Optional upgrade for Vimeo Video Streaming for computers or Hard copies of DVDs (DVD001, DVD003, DVD080-4 parts, DVD072-2 parts, DVD064, DVD008, DVD031, dvd092) can be purchased separately (everyone receives the WaterART Fitness App streaming with your purchase)
- 5 Laminated reference cards
- Comprehensive WaterART examination process (theory & practical assessment). You may do online or open ended exam and virtual practical via Zoom.
- Automatic renewal and/or upgrade of your existing WaterART Certification(s) upon successful exam completion
- Certificate of course completion
- Certification E-Diploma & certified status upon successful completion.
- Instructor manual is required for your to reference once Certified – also full of helpful information. Candidates may request manual ship in advance or pick up at the workshop if you register prior to early-bird date.
Contact Information:Contact Site Director Allie Billard 919-987-8813
What to Bring:
- Lunch or snack (need to stay onsite for lunch)
- Water Fitness Wear or Bathing Suit(s)
- Towel/cover up for outdoor pool
- Pen and paper
- Water-shoes are preferred wear