DescriptionThere are more than 100 diseases in the arthritis category and it is widely accepted that most of the symptoms may be greatly benefited through water exercise. This program will review exercise inventory for safe and effective exercise design based on an understanding of functional range of motion and joint action. The program will target cardiovascular training, functional fitness, muscular endurance and strength, balance and flexibility training. WaterART working positions will be introduced to provide multi level programming to help each participant train at an intensity level for self paced exercise – appropriate for types of arthritis. This program will also introduce the use of flotation and resistive devices such as noodles and resistive paddles for improved performance. Water Walking and Tai Chi movements will be incorporated to train mobility, gait and balance.
Course Registration Fee Includes:
- 20 hours of training (theory & pool time)
- WaterART Arthritis H2O Instructor Certification Manual (only mailed)
- Study Guide Questions & Answers for self study
- Video streaming via WaterART Fitness App unlimited for Members (6 months for non members) OR Vimeo for computers OR DVDs of the following videos:
- Laminated pool reference cards
- Specialty Certification Exam Process
- E-Diploma and Online profile when successful with examination process
- 16.0 CEC’s for WaterART
Table of Contents & Learning Objectives
Chapter 1 Introduction to WaterART Arthritis Shallow Water Exercise Chapter 2 General Overview of Arthritic Conditions Chapter 3 The Musculoskeletal Connection Chapter 4 Shallow Water Program Design Chapter 5 Joint Action & Biomechanics Chapter 6 Sample Programs & Exercise Inventory Chapter 7 Arthritis & Weight Management Chapter 8 References & Resources and Handouts Page Chapter 9 Study Guide Questions & Answers, Certification Exam Process
Facility Contact:Master Trainer: Georgena MacIsaac *If you are a staff member at this facility, please contact Georgena for staff or member discount coupon.
What to Bring:
- Lunch or snack
- for water sessions please bring water fitness wear or bathing suit(s)
- Towel/cover up
- Pen and paper
- Water-shoes are preferred wear.