Sharon McDonnell has worked in the health and wellness field for over 17 years managing private fitness, aquatic and recreational facilities. She has an extensive background in fitness training, aquatic conditioning, and nutritional coaching. Sharon has a Master’s Degree in Exercise Physiology from Indiana University. She is a certified Exercise Physiologist/ Personal Trainer through the American College of Sports Medicine (ACSM). Sharon is currently the Recreation and Fitness Manger for The Sea Pines Resort located on beautiful Hilton Head Island, South Carolina.
Sharon has been teaching water aerobics for over 23 years and has achieved the Gold Certified status from WaterART Fitness. She is Certified as a WaterART Rehabilitation Specialist, Personal Trainer Specialist, Senior Instructor, Running and Kids Instructor with WaterART Fitness. Sharon also competes in triathlons and has finished in Ironman 70.3 distance races. She trains extensively on both land and water and instructs a wide range of clients of all age groups and ability levels.
WaterART Fitness Certifications:
Click here to contact Sharon McDonnell
- Master Trainer, Rehabilitation Specialist, Personal Training Specialist, Seniors Instructor, Running and Kidz Instructor, Aquatic Fitness Instructor
- M.S., Kinesiology (Clinical Exercise Physiology) & B.S. Exercise Science - INDIANA UNIVERSITY
- Exercise Physiologist, American College of Sports Medicine
- Nutritional Coach, Precision Nutrition
- Personal Fitness Chef, Spencer Institute
- Group Fitness Instructor, American Council on Exercise
- Aquatic Fitness Instructor, Aquatic Exercise Association
- BLS (CPR/AED) and First Aid Certifications, American Heart Association