My motto is, “Eat well, Play well, Work well, Live well”. I enjoy helping people of all ages to change their lifestyles and become healthier and more active. I believe that if your body is strong you will have a healthier approach to life both mentally and physically.
Delia works with all ages, special interests being, training with hydrotherapy and joint rehabilitation.. She takes on all levels of fitness backgrounds, and enjoys teaching variety in a workout. Delia is a Master Trainer for WaterART Fitness International and conducts instructor course workshops and Certification programs.
Delia also currently works as an independent contractor to the Aquatic Physiotherapy Clinic Center in West Vancouver as well as a personal trainer. In addition to client counseling, Delia won the North Shore News” Readers Choice” award for favorite Personal Trainer in 2002 and runner-up in 2003.
EXPERIENCE AND CREDENTIALS
· Bachelor of Physical Education London UK
· Aquatic Centre Physiotherapy & Massage Clinic Staff 2011 -present
Aquatic Personal Trainer Specialist Certified
· Aquatic Rehabilitation Specialist Certified
· Aquatic Senior Instructor Certified
· Contractor to ICBC for MVA clients. 2008-present
· Balance and Stability Specialist certified Cal State University US.2009
· Supervisor of UBC Human Kinetics Practicum students 2002-2008
· Presenter, World Congress for Physiotherapy June 2007
· Personal Fitness consultant for OMNI T.V. and APTN network ‘First Talk’ production 2006
· Consultant & Trainer for APTN Networks “Creative Native Makeover” Movie 2005
· Author “My Unexpected Journey”, published 2005
· North Shore Personal Trainer of the Year 2002, runner up 2003
· BCRPA SFL 1994-2009
· Program director for NVRC for Argyle High School fitness development 1997 to 2008
· Presenter for professional development programs 1992-present
· Training and PR Development CFL Hamilton TigerCats 1992-93
· Media Fitness Consultant World University Games – Buffalo, NY – Hamilton 1993
· Fitness Consultant for Rehabilitation – Return to Community – William Ostler Physio Clinic – Chedoke Hospital – Hamilton Ontario 1992-93.
for Delia's Article on Rehabbing Total Hip Replacements with Aquatic Therapy