The highlights of my fitness background would include the following:
- Masters in Exercise Science from Central Connecticut University, summer of ’99.
- Group Power Certified
- Certified personal trainer, NASM, ACE, and AFAA.
- AEA Certified Instructor
- Certified Resist-a-Ball Instructor.
- Specialty Certification: Pilates with resist-a-ball.
- Writer/producer of ESPN’s “Kiana’s Flex Appeal”. Through this role I have maintained regular contact with Dr. William Kraemer, head of the Human Performance Laboratory at, Penn State and Ball State University; and currently head of research at the University of Connecticut.
- Writer/Consultant for Anna Kournikova’s Fitness Video, “Basic Elements”.
- Fitness Consultant to ESPN.
I have trained males and females spanning all age groups from 10-80 in a gym setting, their homes, and in my own gym. My program design encompasses those looking for a wellness program to those with elite athlete sports specific goals. Through Dr. Kraemer and fitness studies I keep current on research in all areas of aerobic, resistance and plyometric training.
I presently instruct at Healthtrax Fitness & Wellness in Avon as well as ESPN Fitness Facility.
My primary job is television production and I am currently under contract to ESPN as a production consultant and to produce outdoors and fitness programming as well as other specials. My television sports background:
- Executive Producer CBS Sports 1962-1975
- Producer of “Grandstand” NBC Sports 1975-1978
- Producer of “The Racers” 1979
- Executive Producer ESPN 1980-1987
- Executive Producer Special Programming ESPN 1987-1992; 1992-present, coordinating producer: launched espn2, produced x-games and launched “The Great Outdoor Games” in July-2000.
Click here to contact William Fitts