Julie Twynham is the Educational Director and Creator of WaterART Fitness International Inc.
Her strong academic background from the University of Waterloo, in Human Kinetics, combined with her dance and coaching background provide her with strong technical and creative skills. Julie has co-authored 23 instructor training manuals created 98 Educational DVDs for both land and water modalities. She facilitated the Speedo Aquatic Fitness System in Canada (1993-2000) and has worked throughout the world helping consumers and fitness professionals understand exercise design.
As a veteran of the fitness industry for over 40 years, she has presented for many world organizations, community centers and clubs throughout Canada, United States, Europe, Singapore, Mexico,U.K. and South Africa including: World IDEA, Aquatic Exercise Association, American Fitness Professionals Association, Sara City Workout, IHRSA, IHRSA Ontario, University of Michigan, University of Washington, University of Western Ontario, University of British Columbia, University of Waterloo, Ontario Fitness Council, European Aquatic Fitness Conference, Canadian Aerobic Instructors Network, University of Waterloo, CanFitPro, Manitoba Fitness Leaders, Alberta Fitness Leadership Certification Association, to name a few.
She worked at the Toronto Fitness Institutes for 15 years and job responsibilities included Exercise Testing, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Instructor Training and developer of Aquatic and Land Personal Training Programs. She designed their first computer program for land personal trainer exercise inventory and better back programs. Simultaneously, she facilitated and created many Instructor Training workshop through her company Body Check Inc.
Julie has worked in promotion for Speedo,Hydropool swim in place pools, Rockport walking shoes, and the Original Pool Noodle company.
- Presenter for American Fitness Professionals Association (2004-2010)
- Received the Toronto Sport Leadership Award 2013 & 2015, 2016
- Canadian Mentor Award -Finalist (1998-9)
- World IDEA Presenter (1997-2001)
- Organized Aerobathon & Raised $50.000.00 for Heart and Stroke Foundation of Canada (1990-94)
- Organized and Raised $10.000.00 for Jerry Lewis Telethon (1991-92)
- Volunteer for National Fitness Leadership Advisory Council for Aquatic Fitness Standards (1999-2000)
- Faculty for University of Nevada WaterFit School (1998-99)
- World IDEA Water Fitness Committee member (1996-1999)
- World IDEA representative (1993-96)
- Finalist for Canadian Women's Mentor Award ( 1999-2000)
- Fitness Institute Instructor of the Year ( 1994 Inaugural award)
- Berka Fraser Award - The Fitness Institute (1990)
- IRSA Ontario - Aerobics Coordinator of the Year (1994)
- Best of Women of the Year - Toronto Sun (1993).
- Level 2 NCCP Figure Skating Coach (1978 -1987)
- Author of WaterART Instructor Manual, Aquatic Rehabilitation Kids Instructors, Aquatic Personal Trainer Specialist, TaeKwonAqua Manual,
- Originator of Use Your Noodle - the original Pool Noodle Program
Email her now click here