Thread: How can I fit in more cardio for those that want a mostly cardio workout?

Default How can I fit in more cardio for those that want a mostly cardio workout?

I teach 5 classes per week and most seem to really love what I do. However, there are a small group of women that seem to want a "cardio-only" type of class. I have a pretty tough workout as it is but I don't think anyone thinks that it is "hard-core". My classes do a lot of cardio build up, then I mix the strenghtening exercises with additional cardio sessions. Any ideas of how I can try to please everyone? I've considered trying to split the group into sections and have an alternate plan for the cardio people. Thanks. Kathy

Do they prefer intensity or duration?

Also, do your students have any joint issues?

What is their exercise goal(s) only cardio?

I do value cardio fitness because heart & pulmonary diseases are still prevelant - however, sometime they dont understand that a balanced approach to programming may be a better long term lifestyle choice.

With that said the best way to increase intensity is to travel and provide a variety of working and body positions . Most often clients think speed is the best way. However, in water often speed utilized more momentum than muscle ( which again is key for good intense cardio work) .

Also what depth are they in - and hopefully they utlize both water depths - cross training is just a smart way to train.

I would suggest utlizing a variety of programs ( aquatic cycling, deep water running, finning , cuffs, boot camp which used intervals of muscle sets, or really all of new sports conditioning programs. These programs are geared for the hard core & advance students

To kick your intensity up a notch - you do need advanced program designs. here is some information I would suggest http://www.waterart.org/show_info.php?page_id=315
    Creator & Top Motivator!!
    http://www.waterart.org
    info@waterart.org